Andy & Derek Cycling in Hanoi
In Andy’s words and pictures, here is a brief account of how they got on.
Set off from Hanoi, went to Chinese border and then back south to Sa Pa.
- Cumulative height climbed : 37,559 ft (Everest is 29,021 ft above sea level)
- Distance cycled : 344 miles
- Furthest distance in one day : 77 miles
- Calories burnt : 36135 (equivalent to 72 bottles of red wine!)
- Top speed : 45 mph (down a hill)
- Over 8 days cycling.
Finished at Heavens Gate – which is the highest pass in SE Asia, on the highest Mountain in SE Asia.
On the last day we did 40 miles before lunch. Then climbed from the valley floor to Heavens Gate – a 17 mile climb.
Below are some e-mail postcards and pictures sent during their trip – courtesy of Andy and Derek.